Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 1

At least my iphone has a pleasant little jingle for the alarm clock ringer tone. If it were like my old alarm clock with the "let me throw you through a window right now ... BEEEP, BEEEP, BEEEP" I might have gone postal (on who or what, I'm not sure seeing it felt like myself and owls and bats were the only things possibly awake at that hour.) I was grumpy when little electronic concierge woke me this morning. I went to bed too late, and for the fourth night in the row, my 18 month old was up in the night due to either teeth or tummy issues, I don't know which. Luckily daddy actually got up with him, though his piercing cry through the monitor kept me awake the whole time anyway.

I did get my grumpy ass out of bed though, put on my tennies (I slept in my workout clothes) and headed upstairs for Day 1 of P90X. I'm doing the "lean" version. This doesn't mean that it consists of less workouts, the order is just different and the focus is a little more on cardio ... for those trying to get, well ... lean. My handbook tells me that I'm supposed to do the Core Synergistics first. There I see Tony Horton's smiley face telling guiding me through "banana rolls", "sphinx push ups", "bow to boats" and "dreya rolls" - all of which I have never heard of and clearly my muscles consider as strangers. I have worked out a lot in my life, and I've never done half of these moves. I can see why they are supposed to work.

I had to refill my water bottle halfway though, but the good news is I completed my first day of P90X - well at least the work out portion. Monday is Costco shopping day with the kids and we always eat in the food court - I'm r-e-a-l-l-y going to miss that piece of extra cheesy cheese pizza today.

Tomorrow is plyometrics. Nothing like a lot of jumping to remind me of my jiggle.

2 comments: