Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 2 - Sort of

Well, nothing like a 911 call, ambulance ride and emergency surgery on your 18 month old to derail a new workout. Given the circumstances, I think I qualify for a pass.

So, even though this is really day 3, I'm calling it day 2 since it is only the second day I actually worked out. I guess though I better get back on track with the days or I'm eventually going to have a counting problem considering this whole thing is about a 90day program.

Today was CARDIO X. I think they throw the "X" at the end to make it more scary sounding. I was a wee bit scared as I made my way up the stairs to my workout room but then I turned on the DVD and saw Tony's smiling and encouraging face and said to myself, "Self, you can totally do this, don't let that little X on the DVD sleeve scare you, don't be intimidated by all the muscley, totally inshape people leading the workout. You might be jiggly, but you have guts girl .... plus you can push the pause button if you need to!"

Cardio X consists of yoga, kickboxing, plyometrics and a little core work. I was doing great until the turkey burger I had for dinner started jumping around with me. Ugh. It was a great workout and I love that you switch from exercise to exercise so quickly that you don't really have time to hate the exercise you were just doing. I made it through without my heartrate going overly crazy, though I was sweating bullets.

Tomorrow is arms, shoulders and abs. I'm hoping this DVD doesn't require me to use the pull up bar they said I needed to buy. I know eventually this thing is going to come into play and I'm dreading it. Unless one of their exercises is hanging. I think I can swing that.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about the drama, so glad Suli is ok...On a happier note, you are a great writer and my inspiration A! I am going to do this program next summer for sure! Keep bloggin'!

    ReplyDelete